By L. Joseph, Jr. Hebert
Read Online or Download More Than Kings and Less Than Men: Tocqueville on the Promise and Perils of Democratic Individualism PDF
Best political philosophy books
This e-book demonstrates that the U.S., no matter if we love it or no longer, is a theolegal kingdom - a democracy that concurrently promises electorate the appropriate to unfastened expression of trust whereas combating the institution of a nation religion.
This booklet explores the associative tasks we owe to our kids, mom and dad, associates, colleagues, affiliates and compatriots and defends a unique account which justifies such tasks during the cognizance of values which are produced in those several types of social relationships. Seglow engages with a number of key modern debates together with parental rights over children’s schooling, the burdens of eldercare, permissible partiality to buddies, and international justice as opposed to compatriot tasks.
This edited quantity addresses the demanding situations and possibilities dealing with NATO post-2014, utilizing an unique method of technique that may produce clean insights into this sizzling subject in the foreign protection community.
Dophilosophers have a accountability to their society that's targeted from theirresponsibility to it as electorate? This edited quantity explores either what variety ofcontribution philosophy could make and what kind of reasoning is acceptable whenaddressing public issues now. those questions are posed by way of leadinginternational students operating within the fields of ethical and political philosophy.
- Men's Rights, Gender, and Social Media
- Hegel and Marx: After the Fall of Communism (Political Philosophy Now)
- Queer Apocalypses: Elements of Antisocial Theory
- Liberal Perfectionism: The Reasons that Goodness Gives (Practical Philosophy)
- The Watershed of Modern Politics: Law, Virtue, Kingship, and Consent (1300–1650) (The Emergence of Western Political Thoug)
- Morally and Otherwise Right Lives, Education and Upbringing: A Rational Basis for Citizenship, Liberty and Peace, and a Theory about Everything
Extra info for More Than Kings and Less Than Men: Tocqueville on the Promise and Perils of Democratic Individualism