By Luke DeMaitre
This specified exam of medieval drugs as special in physician's manuals of the interval unearths a extra subtle method of the clinical arts than anticipated for the time.
• comprises translations, to be had for the 1st time in English, of unique reviews and illustrations through physicians of the day
• encompasses a plethora of extra assets for studying, together with 20 black-and-white plates with complete references, five tables, a word list of bizarre phrases, a chronology and record of the consulted resources, and an in depth bibliography
• unearths how medieval clinical manuals encouraged literary, old, and clinical study
Read or Download Medieval Medicine: The Art of Healing, from Head to Toe: The Art of Healing, from Head to Toe (Praeger Series on the Middle Ages) PDF
Best world history books
First released in 2005. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
A dead ringer for the debauched French aristocrat of the 17th and eighteenth centuries is one who nonetheless has strength over the foreign public mind's eye, from the endless fascination with the Marquis de Sade to the successes of the movie Ridicule. Drawing on memoirs, letters, renowned songs and pamphlets, and political treatises, The Enlightened and wicked: Decadence, Radicalism, and the Early glossy French the Aristocracy strains the origins of this robust stereotype from among the reign of Louis XIV and the fear of the French Revolution.
This publication tells the tale of the Jesuit venture to Cluj, Transylvania (now Romania) from 1693, whilst the Jesuits have been allowed to come back after virtually a century of limited job within the quarter, till 1773, whilst the order was once suppressed. in the course of those 8 a long time the Jesuits created a fancy, multi-faceted group whose impression reached all through Transylvania and past into neighbouring areas.
Translated from the unique Italian version of 1510, with a Preface, through John wintry weather Jones, Esq. , F. S. A. And Edited, with Notes and an creation, through George Percy Badger. this can be a new print-on-demand hardback version of the amount first released in 1863.
- The Cold War 1949–2016 (Seminar Studies)
- Dickens and Empire: Discourses of Class, Race and Colonialism in the Works of Charles Dickens (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- Relations of Golconda in the Early Seventeenth Century (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- La nostra parte per noi stessi. I medici afro-americani tra razzismo, politica e riforme sanitarie (1945-1968) (Storia-Studi e ricerche) (Italian Edition)
- Dancing the New World: Aztecs, Spaniards, and the Choreography of Conquest (Latin American and Caribbean Arts and Culture Publication Initiative)
- Routledge Handbook of Global Economic History (Routledge International Handbooks)
Additional resources for Medieval Medicine: The Art of Healing, from Head to Toe: The Art of Healing, from Head to Toe (Praeger Series on the Middle Ages)