By J. Cooper
Read or Download Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan: A Very Political Special Relationship PDF
Similar uk history books
This book examines the British infantrymen at the Western entrance and the way they replied to the conflict panorama they encountered in the back of the traces and on the entrance. utilizing a multidisciplinary standpoint, this learn investigates the connection among infantrymen and the areas and fabrics of the warzone, interpreting how squaddies developed a ‘sense of position’ within the adversarial, unpredictable setting.
Whilst the yank Civil warfare broke out in 1861, a vital query for British intellectuals was once even if the yankee clash used to be facts of the viability of democracy as a starting place for contemporary governance. the teachings of the yankee Civil battle for Britain might stay a focus within the debate on democracy through the battle as much as the suffrage reform of 1867, and after.
This clean and readable account provides a whole background of the collage of Oxford, from its beginnings within the 11th century to the current day. Written by way of one of many best gurus at the heritage of universities the world over, it lines Oxford's unbelievable upward push from provincial backwater to 1 of the world's top centres of study and instructing.
This ebook bargains a brand new point of view to the present debate approximately well known non secular attitudes in Tudor England, laying specific emphasis at the social and secular dimensions of parish existence. The argument makes a speciality of the position of the laity and particularly at the place of work of churchwarden. It assesses the emerging degrees of parish source of revenue, the significance of the social context for fund-raising suggestions, and the transforming into expenditure on clergymen, voluntary actions and administrative tasks.
- A Global History of Anti-Slavery Politics in the Nineteenth Century
- Tourism and Identity in Scotland, 1770–1914: Creating Caledonia (Studies in European Cultural Transition)
- The Labour Party, War and International Relations, 1945-2006
- The South Sea Bubble: An Economic History of its Origins and Consequences. (Routledge Explorations in Economic History)
- Heaven and Earth in Anglo-Saxon England: Theology and Society in an Age of Faith (Studies in Early Medieval Britain and Ireland)
- The British Regulatory State: High Modernism and Hyper-Innovation
Additional resources for Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan: A Very Political Special Relationship