By Anne E. Baker,Kees Hengeveld
- A entire creation to the research of language, set aside by means of its inclusion of cross-linguistic facts from over eighty diverse spoken and signed languages
- Explores how language works via studying discourse, sentence-structure, that means, phrases, and sounds
- Introduces psycholinguistic and sociolinguistic concerns, together with language acquisition, neurolinguistics, language edition, language switch, language touch, and multilingualism
- Written in a problem-oriented kind to interact readers, and is perfect for these new to the subject
- Incorporates quite a few student-friendly gains all through, together with broad routines, summaries, assignments, and recommendations for extra reading
- Based at the bestselling Dutch variation of this paintings, the English variation has been revised and improved to provide an up to date and interesting survey of linguistics for college kids new to the field
Read or Download Linguistics: The Basics (Introducing Linguistics) PDF
Best linguistics books
Ken and Yetta Goodman’s expert paintings has been a lifelong collaboration, proficient via shared philosophical strands. An overarching aim has been to supply entry for all kids to literacy and studying and to notify and enhance educating and studying. each one is also well-known for particular parts of concentration and is understood for specific recommendations.
A De Gruyter name
This publication deals an advent for Translation reports (TS) students to severe Translation experiences (CTS), a cultural-studies method of the research of translation spearheaded via Sakai Naoki and Lydia H. Liu, with an implicit specialize in translation as a social perform formed by way of energy family members in society.
This quantity demystifies the strategies and sensible makes use of of Grounded conception, a well-established learn method used world wide this day by means of social scientists, lecturers, and qualitative researchers. meant for graduate scholars, supervisors, and researchers, it offers readers with the instruments for figuring out, justifying, and disseminating new theoretical insights for the utilized Linguistics neighborhood and past.
- Handbook of Japanese Dialects (Handbooks of Japanese Language and Linguistics)
- Cross-linguistic Influences in Multilingual Language Acquisition (Second Language Learning and Teaching)
- Agreement from a Diachronic Perspective (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM])
- The Culture of Singapore English (Studies in English Language)
- Practical Rhinology
Additional resources for Linguistics: The Basics (Introducing Linguistics)