By David Divita
How do the languages that people research impression the classes that their lives take? How do members' existence classes impact which languages they study and use? This booklet investigates those questions through studying qualitative facts amassed between multilingual populations at various lifestyles levels: younger grownup international language scholars; middle-aged bilingual undefined; and transnational girls in later life.
Read Online or Download Language and the Life Course (Trends in Applied Linguistics [TAL]) PDF
Best linguistics books
Ken and Yetta Goodman’s expert paintings has been a lifelong collaboration, knowledgeable by means of shared philosophical strands. An overarching target has been to supply entry for all young children to literacy and studying and to notify and enhance instructing and studying. each one is also famous for particular parts of concentration and is understood for specific recommendations.
A De Gruyter identify
This booklet deals an advent for Translation stories (TS) students to severe Translation reviews (CTS), a cultural-studies method of the learn of translation spearheaded by way of Sakai Naoki and Lydia H. Liu, with an implicit concentrate on translation as a social perform formed via strength kin in society.
This quantity demystifies the strategies and functional makes use of of Grounded concept, a well-established examine technique used all over the world this present day through social scientists, academics, and qualitative researchers. meant for graduate scholars, supervisors, and researchers, it presents readers with the instruments for knowing, justifying, and disseminating new theoretical insights for the utilized Linguistics neighborhood and past.
- Antonymy: A Corpus-Based Perspective (Routledge Advances in Corpus Linguistics)
- Mechanisms of Cortical Development (Monographs of the Physiological Society)
- Language Interrupted: Signs of Non-Native Acquisition in Standard Language Grammars
- Adam Smith's System of Liberty, Wealth, and Virtue: The Moral and Political Foundations of The Wealth of Nations: The Moral and Political Foundations of the "Wealth of Nations"
- Discourse and Pragmatic Markers from Latin to the Romance Languages (Oxford Studies in Diachronic and Historical Linguistics)
- The Longitudinal Study of Advanced L2 Capacities (Second Language Acquisition Research Series)
Extra resources for Language and the Life Course (Trends in Applied Linguistics [TAL])