By J. Donald Moon
Read or Download John Rawls: Liberalism and the Challenges of Late Modernity (Modernity and Political Thought) PDF
Best political philosophy books
This booklet demonstrates that the us, even if we love it or now not, is a theolegal kingdom - a democracy that at the same time promises electorate the fitting to loose expression of trust whereas combating the institution of a kingdom religion.
This e-book explores the associative tasks we owe to our kids, mom and dad, acquaintances, colleagues, affiliates and compatriots and defends a singular account which justifies such tasks in the course of the recognition of values which are produced in those different types of social relationships. Seglow engages with numerous key modern debates together with parental rights over children’s schooling, the burdens of eldercare, permissible partiality to acquaintances, and worldwide justice as opposed to compatriot tasks.
This edited quantity addresses the demanding situations and possibilities dealing with NATO post-2014, employing an unique method of technique that may produce clean insights into this scorching subject in the overseas safeguard community.
Dophilosophers have a accountability to their society that's certain from theirresponsibility to it as voters? This edited quantity explores either what sort ofcontribution philosophy could make and what form of reasoning is acceptable whenaddressing public issues now. those questions are posed via leadinginternational students operating within the fields of ethical and political philosophy.
- Aldous Huxley: The Political Thought of a Man of Letters (Politics, Literature, & Film)
- Drones and Responsibility: Legal, Philosophical and Socio-Technical Perspectives on Remotely Controlled Weapons (Emerging Technologies, Ethics and International Affairs)
- Contemporary Latin American Social and Political Thought: An Anthology (Latin American Perspectives in the Classroom)
- Patrick Henry-Onslow Debate: Liberty and Republicanism in American Political Thought
- The Free Animal: Rousseau on Free Will and Human Nature
- John Stuart Mill: A British Socrates
Extra info for John Rawls: Liberalism and the Challenges of Late Modernity (Modernity and Political Thought)