By D. Dean,Y. Meerzon,K. Prince
Read or Download History, Memory, Performance (Studies in International Performance) PDF
Best stage & theatre books
Starting with the idea that the biopic is a kind of variation and an instance of intermediality, this assortment examines the multiplicity of 'source texts' and the convergence of other media during this style, along the concurrent problems with constancy and authenticity that accompany this kind.
This ebook finds for the 1st time the import of a major community of connections among Tennessee Williams and the rustic closest to his center, Italy. America's so much thought-provoking playwright enjoyed Italy greater than the other kingdom outdoors the USA and used to be deeply inspired through its tradition for many of his existence.
This ebook introduces theater making plans to scholars and practitioners of every box, and offers a close advisor to the method and the technical requisites specific to theater structures. half I is a consultant to the thoughts and practices of structure and development, as utilized to appearing arts structures.
This booklet investigates how, along Beatrice Webb’s ground-breaking pre-World battle One anti-poverty campaigns, George Bernard Shaw helped release the general public debate concerning the dating among equality, redistribution and democracy in a built economic climate. the 10 years following his nice 1905 play on poverty Major Barbara present a puzzle to Shaw students, who've hitherto did not have fun with either the centrality of the assumption of equality in significant performs like Getting Married, Misalliance, and Pygmalion, and to appreciate that his significant political paintings, 1928’s The clever Woman’s consultant to Socialism and Capitalism had its roots during this period before the nice conflict.
- The Rise of Performance Studies: Rethinking Richard Schechner's Broad Spectrum (Studies in International Performance)
- Greek Tragedy on the American Stage: Ancient Drama in the Commercial Theater, 1882-1994: Ancient Drama in the Commerical Theater (Contributions in Drama and Theatre Studies)
- The First German Theatre (Routledge Revivals): Schiller, Goethe, Kleist and Büchner in Performance
- Musical Theatre, Realism and Entertainment (Ashgate Interdisciplinary Studies in Opera)
- Women Dramatists, Humor, and the French Stage: 1802 to 1855
- Dramatic Theories of Voice in the Twentieth Century
Additional resources for History, Memory, Performance (Studies in International Performance)