By Marcel Berger,Michael Cole,Silvio Levy
This is the second one of a two-volume textbook that gives a truly readable and full of life presentation of enormous elements of geometry within the classical feel. for every subject the writer offers a theorem that's esthetically enjoyable and simply acknowledged, even supposing the facts might be particularly not easy and hid. one more robust trait of the booklet is that it presents a finished and unified reference resource for the sphere of geometry within the complete breadth of its subfields and ramifications.
Read or Download Geometry II (Universitext) PDF
Similar geometry & topology books
This is often the second one of a two-volume textbook that gives a really readable and energetic presentation of huge elements of geometry within the classical experience. for every subject the writer provides a theorem that's esthetically wonderful and simply said, even though the evidence should be rather difficult and hid. one more powerful trait of the ebook is that it presents a entire and unified reference resource for the sector of geometry within the complete breadth of its subfields and ramifications.
This booklet introduces readers to the dwelling themes of Riemannian Geometry and information the most effects recognized thus far. the consequences are acknowledged with out special proofs however the major rules concerned are defined, affording the reader a sweeping panoramic view of virtually the whole thing of the sector. From the studies "The booklet has intrinsic price for a pupil in addition to for an skilled geometer.
The current ebook features a certain choice of study and evaluate articles on deformations of floor singularities, that prepare function an introductory survey of effects and strategies of the speculation, in addition to open difficulties and examples. The objective is to assemble fabric that might support mathematicians already operating or wishing to paintings during this sector to deepen their perception and put off the technical limitations during this studying technique.
Meant for a 12 months path, this article is newly up to date for Kindle and serves as a unmarried resource, introducing readers to the real ideas and theorems, whereas additionally containing adequate heritage on complex issues to attract these scholars wishing to specialise in Riemannian geometry. this is often one of many few Works to mix either the geometric components of Riemannian geometry and the analytic points of the idea.
- Fourier Restriction for Hypersurfaces in Three Dimensions and Newton Polyhedra (AM-194) (Annals of Mathematics Studies)
- Classical Mechanics with Mathematica® (Modeling and Simulation in Science, Engineering and Technology)
- Geometry VI: Riemannian Geometry: Volume 91 (Encyclopaedia of Mathematical Sciences)
- Diagram Geometry: Related to Classical Groups and Buildings: 57 (Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete. 3. Folge / A Series of Modern Surveys in Mathematics)
- Automorphisms in Birational and Affine Geometry: Levico Terme, Italy, October 2012 (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- Homogeneous Finsler Spaces (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
Extra resources for Geometry II (Universitext)