By Laura Costello
Evaluating Demand-Driven Acquisitions examines contemporary examine in demand-driven acquisitions with a purpose to enhance an evaluate framework particular to demand-driven courses. The chapters during this quantity concentrate on the standards and strategies which are used to judge the result of demand-driven courses in examine. Case reports and pilot courses from all kinds of libraries—including interlibrary mortgage to buy courses, catalog built-in recommendations, and evidence-based assortment development—help light up the present most sensible practices and benchmarks for demand-driven evaluation.
This publication is helping librarians and practitioners evaluation their current demand-driven courses and make changes which may reduce bills or extend present concepts. it's also appropriate for librarians with new or rising demand-driven courses to take advantage of as a framework for constructing ongoing overview courses or comparing pilot programs.
- Provides a finished and updated evaluate of call for pushed acquisitions learn
- Separates learn findings by means of review standards for ease of use
- Serves as a reference for various libraries, together with educational, public, and company libraries
- Synthesizes the most up-tp-date examine in this more and more renowned library strategy
Read Online or Download Evaluating Demand-Driven Acquisitions PDF
Similar library & information science books
"Transforming info Literacy courses: Intersecting Frontiers of Self, Library tradition, and Campus Community," # sixty four within the ACRL courses in Librarianship sequence, brings jointly a extensive array of matters and subject matters that educational guide librarians needs to deal with together with the highbrow, mental, cultural, definitional and structural matters which are found in better schooling environments.
This booklet brings jointly chapters that current more than a few chapters concerning the developments in schooling and learn within the box of library and data technology (LIS) within the Asia-Oceania sector of the realm. Why a ebook approximately LIS within the Asia-Oceania sector? One key reason behind a e-book at the subject is the massive development of the sector by way of scholars and faculties fairly in Asia.
Library assortment administration is a crucial a part of any library’s operations. creating a assortment count number takes a holistic examine library assortment administration, connecting assortment administration actions and departments, and instructs on easy methods to assemble and examine info from every one element in a collection’s lifecycle.
Video games can appear to do the most unlikely: succeed in buyers and force site visitors to tasks and providers. yet how can libraries use gamification and online game parts to enhance guideline and outreach, or to inspire using specific components and prone? during this advisor, readers will find out about how one can constitution video game actions so as to top achieve their buyers.
- Workplace Culture in Academic Libraries: The Early 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- Creative Management of Small Public Libraries in the 21st Century
- Quality and the Academic Library: Reviewing, Assessing and Enhancing Service Provision
- Library Linked Data: Research and Adoption
- The Entrepreneurial Librarian: Essays on the Infusion of Private-Business Dynamism into Professional Service
- Literary Mapping in the Digital Age (Digital Research in the Arts and Humanities)
Extra resources for Evaluating Demand-Driven Acquisitions