By Peter Reed
Read Online or Download Entrepreneurial Ventures in Chemistry: The Muspratts of Liverpool, 1793-1934 (Science, Technology and Culture, 1700-1945) PDF
Best uk history books
This book examines the British squaddies at the Western entrance and the way they replied to the conflict panorama they encountered in the back of the traces and on the entrance. utilizing a multidisciplinary standpoint, this examine investigates the connection among infantrymen and the areas and fabrics of the warzone, examining how infantrymen built a ‘sense of position’ within the adversarial, unpredictable atmosphere.
While the yank Civil struggle broke out in 1861, a relevant query for British intellectuals was once even if the yank clash was once evidence of the viability of democracy as a beginning for contemporary governance. the teachings of the yank Civil battle for Britain could stay a focus within the debate on democracy through the struggle as much as the suffrage reform of 1867, and after.
This clean and readable account provides an entire background of the collage of Oxford, from its beginnings within the 11th century to the current day. Written through one of many major specialists at the background of universities across the world, it lines Oxford's unbelievable upward thrust from provincial backwater to at least one of the world's prime centres of study and educating.
This ebook bargains a brand new standpoint to the present debate approximately renowned spiritual attitudes in Tudor England, laying specific emphasis at the social and secular dimensions of parish existence. The argument makes a speciality of the function of the laity and particularly at the place of work of churchwarden. It assesses the emerging degrees of parish source of revenue, the significance of the social context for fund-raising ideas, and the turning out to be expenditure on monks, voluntary actions and administrative tasks.
- The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions: 1901: Volume 33 (Routledge Library Editions: The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions)
- Britain Observed: A Russian's View
- Windows into Men's Souls: Religious Nonconformity in Tudor and Early Stuart England
- Wellington's Men in Australia: Peninsular War Veterans and the Making of Empire c.1820-40 (War, Culture and Society, 1750-1850)
- Representing Enslavement and Abolition in Museums: Ambiguous Engagements (Routledge Research in Museum Studies)
- Ernest Bevin (Routledge Revivals)
Additional resources for Entrepreneurial Ventures in Chemistry: The Muspratts of Liverpool, 1793-1934 (Science, Technology and Culture, 1700-1945)