By S. T. Joshi,John Edgar Browning
An exhaustive paintings masking the total variety of subject matters on the subject of vampires, together with literature, movie and tv, and folklore.
• approximately 240 A–Z entries on all points of vampirism
• pictures and illustrations of vampire movies, tv indicates, and different concerns when it comes to vampires
• short bibliographies referring the reader to secondary assets on person entries
• A normal bibliography of scholarship on vampires
Read Online or Download Encyclopedia of the Vampire: The Living Dead in Myth, Legend, and Popular Culture PDF
Best popular culture books
From the consistent advertisements messages from beer, wine and liquor brands to events, weddings, and different social gatherings the place alcohol is served to after-work satisfied hours with coworkers, the effect and presence of alcohol are inescapable within the usa. in line with a central authority resource, 50 percentage of yankee adults pointed out themselves as "regular drinkers" (having no less than 12 beverages some time past year).
This quantity offers an leading edge and well timed method of a quick starting to be, but nonetheless under-studied box in Latin American cultural construction: electronic on-line tradition. It specializes in the ameliorations or continuations that cultural items and practices equivalent to hypermedia fictions, web. artwork and on-line functionality artwork, in addition to blogs, movies, databases and different genre-defying web-based tasks, practice with appreciate to Latin American(ist) discourses, in addition to their usually contestatory positioning with recognize to Western hegemonic discourses as they flow on-line.
First released in 1979, this now vintage textual content offers a massive learn of the improvement of academic platforms, focusing intimately on these of britain, Denmark, France, and Russia - selected due to their current academic modifications and the ancient variety in their cultures and social buildings.
What are the elements of adlescent cultures this day? This encyclopedia examines the elements of youngster cultures and brings them to the leading edge. deals details on teams past the gangs the general public affiliates with early life tradition, offering definitions of suburban early life tradition, survivalists and preppers, the deaf, skate boarders, Gen X, infantrymen, and highway little ones, between othersProvides insurance of the expressive genres of yank adolescence and how they've got formed public tastes and tendencies, comparable to song, dance, type, tattooing, physique piercing, social media, and moreFeatures an exploration of existence concerns for early life that experience entered into the headlines—for instance, bullying, cliques, rites of passage, pupil protest and activism, baby abuse, and medicine
- Athletes, Sexual Assault, and "Trials by Media": Narrative Immunity (Routledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society)
- Smart Ball: Marketing the Myth and Managing the Reality of Major League Baseball
- Class and Gender Politics in Progressive-Era Seattle (The Urban West Series)
- Roots and Branches: Current Directions in Slave Studies (Reflexions historiques. Directions)
- Poet-Critics and the Administration of Culture
Additional info for Encyclopedia of the Vampire: The Living Dead in Myth, Legend, and Popular Culture