By Kenneth L. Feder
This ebook presents a desirable, encyclopedic antidote for the mysticism and pseudoscience surrounding famous or hugely publicized archaeological and anthropological "discoveries."
• 134 alphabetical entries of phrases with regards to remarkable archaeological claims, many with regards to well known frauds, misinterpretations, and misrepresentations of the human past
• includes 50 illustrations, together with depictions of the Maya calendar day and month glyphs, historical astronomical alignments, the sarcophagus lid of the Maya ruler Pacal, and the Ica Stones
• images of such monuments and artifacts because the pyramids at Giza, Serpent Mound, Nazca floor drawings, Tucson artifacts, Michigan Relics, and Easter Island Moai convey the subjects to life
• A complete bibliography and additional analyzing feedback on the finish of every access feed additional investigation
Read or Download Encyclopedia of Dubious Archaeology: From Atlantis to the Walam Olum PDF
Best archaeology books
This e-book bargains the single synthesis of early-period Marianas archaeology, marking the 1st human payment of distant Oceania approximately 1500 B. C. In those distant islands of the northwest Pacific Ocean, archaeological discoveries now can outline the oldest web site contexts, courting, and artifacts of a Neolithic (late stone-age) humans.
The 2 works reprinted during this quantity signify the top of the profession of 1 of the main extraordinary American archaeologists of the early twentieth century, Clarence Bloomfield Moore. Moore's convinced Aboriginal continues to be of the Black Warrior River (1905) and Moundville Revisited (1907) introduced the Moundville website in Alabama to the eye of the scholarly international in dramatic style via delivering a most suitable photographic demonstrate and professional observation on its artifactual richness.
For the one-term direction in human evolution, paleoanthropology, or fossil hominins taught on the junior/senior point in departments of anthropology or biology. This re-creation offers a finished assessment to the sector of paleoanthropology–the learn of human evolution via studying fossil is still.
The facility to amass and shop quite a lot of items is a key function of advanced societies in precedent days. garage concepts mirror the wider fiscal and political association of a society and adjustments within the improvement of regulate mechanisms in either administrative and non-administrative—often kinship based—sectors.
- Paleoanthropology and Paleolithic Archaeology in the People's Republic of China
- Critical Practice: Artists, museums, ethics (Museum Meanings)
- Material Relations: The Marriage Figurines of Prehispanic Honduras
- Companion Encyclopedia of Archaeology (Routledge Companion Encyclopaedias)
Extra info for Encyclopedia of Dubious Archaeology: From Atlantis to the Walam Olum