By Shaden M. Tageldin
Read or Download Disarming Words: Empire and the Seductions of Translation in Egypt (FlashPoints) PDF
Best linguistics books
Ken and Yetta Goodman’s expert paintings has been a lifelong collaboration, educated via shared philosophical strands. An overarching aim has been to supply entry for all teenagers to literacy and studying and to notify and increase educating and studying. every one is also famous for particular components of concentration and is understood for specific techniques.
A De Gruyter name
This publication deals an advent for Translation stories (TS) students to serious Translation experiences (CTS), a cultural-studies method of the research of translation spearheaded through Sakai Naoki and Lydia H. Liu, with an implicit specialize in translation as a social perform formed by way of strength kin in society.
This quantity demystifies the methods and sensible makes use of of Grounded concept, a well-established learn technique used worldwide this day by means of social scientists, lecturers, and qualitative researchers. meant for graduate scholars, supervisors, and researchers, it presents readers with the instruments for knowing, justifying, and disseminating new theoretical insights for the utilized Linguistics group and past.
- The Chomsky Update (RLE Linguistics A: General Linguistics) (Routledge Library Editions: Linguistics)
- Discourse Particles: Formal Approaches to their Syntax and Semantics (Linguistische Arbeiten)
- Linguistically Motivated Statistical Machine Translation: Models and Algorithms
- Phonology and Language Use (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- Bridging Inferences: Constraining and Resolving Underspecification in Discourse Interpretation (Language, Context and Cognition)
Extra resources for Disarming Words: Empire and the Seductions of Translation in Egypt (FlashPoints)