By Hae-kyung Um
With contributions from students of Asian experiences, theatre reports, anthropology, cultural experiences, dance ethnology and musicology, this actually interdisciplinary paintings covers each point of the sociology of functionality of the Asian diasporas.
Read Online or Download Diasporas and Interculturalism in Asian Performing Arts: Translating Traditions (Routledgecurzon--Iias Asian Studies Series) PDF
Best stage & theatre books
Starting with the basis that the biopic is a kind of edition and an instance of intermediality, this assortment examines the multiplicity of 'source texts' and the convergence of alternative media during this style, along the concurrent problems with constancy and authenticity that accompany this way.
This booklet finds for the 1st time the import of a tremendous community of connections among Tennessee Williams and the rustic closest to his center, Italy. America's so much thought-provoking playwright enjoyed Italy greater than the other state outdoors the U.S. and used to be deeply motivated by way of its tradition for many of his existence.
This booklet introduces theater making plans to scholars and practitioners of every box, and offers an in depth consultant to the method and the technical standards specific to theater constructions. half I is a consultant to the innovations and practices of structure and building, as utilized to appearing arts structures.
This e-book investigates how, along Beatrice Webb’s ground-breaking pre-World conflict One anti-poverty campaigns, George Bernard Shaw helped release the general public debate in regards to the dating among equality, redistribution and democracy in a built economic climate. the 10 years following his nice 1905 play on poverty Major Barbara present a puzzle to Shaw students, who've hitherto did not get pleasure from either the centrality of the assumption of equality in significant performs like Getting Married, Misalliance, and Pygmalion, and to appreciate that his significant political paintings, 1928’s The clever Woman’s advisor to Socialism and Capitalism had its roots during this period before the good battle.
- Rethinking Folk Drama (Contributions in Drama & Theatre Studies)
- Text & Presentation, 2011 (The Comparative Drama Conference Series)
- Mr. Nobody: A Play
- The Chester Cycle in Context, 1555–1575: Religion, Drama, and the Impact of Change (Studies in Performance and Early Modern Drama)
- Mei Lanfang and the Twentieth-Century International Stage: Chinese Theatre Placed and Displaced (Palgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History)
- The Conspiracy of Feelings and The Little Theatre of the Green Goose: AND The Little Theatre of the Green Goose by Konst (Routledge Harwood Polish and East European Theatre Archive)
Additional resources for Diasporas and Interculturalism in Asian Performing Arts: Translating Traditions (Routledgecurzon--Iias Asian Studies Series)