By Heather Moulaison,Raegan Wiechert
Covering instruments, terminology, and the FRBR-based RDA method of description, this e-book explains the present rules of association of knowledge and uncomplicated cataloging practices for non-catalogers, permitting readers to appreciate parts of the cataloging approach and have interaction with files in a simple manner.
• offers an easy-to-follow, simple figuring out of association of library info and cataloging perform that explains how documents are created and provides advice in making use of RDA
• bargains important perception for non-catalogers (and even non-librarians) into the practices and instruments utilized in association of knowledge and cataloging via documenting the paintings that catalogers at the moment are doing
• Explains the methods to organizing diverse codecs of fabrics in libraries and debts for the consequences of RDA on present cataloging practices
Read Online or Download Crash Course in Basic Cataloging with RDA PDF
Similar library & information science books
"Transforming info Literacy courses: Intersecting Frontiers of Self, Library tradition, and Campus Community," # sixty four within the ACRL courses in Librarianship sequence, brings jointly a extensive array of concerns and issues that educational guide librarians needs to deal with together with the highbrow, mental, cultural, definitional and structural concerns which are found in greater schooling environments.
This booklet brings jointly chapters that current various chapters concerning the developments in schooling and learn within the box of library and data technology (LIS) within the Asia-Oceania quarter of the realm. Why a e-book approximately LIS within the Asia-Oceania area? One key cause of a publication at the subject is the large development of the sphere by way of scholars and faculties fairly in Asia.
Library assortment administration is an important a part of any library’s operations. creating a assortment count number takes a holistic examine library assortment administration, connecting assortment administration actions and departments, and instructs on the best way to assemble and examine info from each one element in a collection’s lifecycle.
Video games can appear to do the most unlikely: achieve consumers and force site visitors to tasks and prone. yet how can libraries use gamification and video game components to enhance guideline and outreach, or to motivate using specific parts and companies? during this consultant, readers will find out about find out how to constitution online game actions on the way to top achieve their consumers.
- Object Reuse and Exchange (OAI-ORE) (Library Technology Reports)
- The Green Library Planner: What Every Librarian Needs to Know Before Starting to Build or Renovate
- Transferred Illusions: Digital Technology and the Forms of Print (Digital Research in the Arts and Humanities)
- Intelligence and Information Policy for National Security: Key Terms and Concepts (Security and Professional Intelligence Education Series)
- How Libraries Should Manage Data: Practical Guidance On How With Minimum Resources to Get the Best From Your Data
- The Librarian's Nitty-Gritty Guide to Content Marketing
Extra resources for Crash Course in Basic Cataloging with RDA