By Felix Klos
Read or Download Churchill's Last Stand: The Struggle to Unite Europe PDF
Similar uk history books
This book examines the British infantrymen at the Western entrance and the way they spoke back to the battle panorama they encountered in the back of the traces and on the entrance. utilizing a multidisciplinary viewpoint, this research investigates the connection among squaddies and the areas and fabrics of the warzone, interpreting how infantrymen developed a ‘sense of position’ within the adversarial, unpredictable setting.
While the yank Civil struggle broke out in 1861, a vital query for British intellectuals was once even if the yank clash used to be facts of the viability of democracy as a starting place for contemporary governance. the teachings of the yankee Civil warfare for Britain may stay a focus within the debate on democracy through the battle as much as the suffrage reform of 1867, and after.
This clean and readable account supplies an entire heritage of the collage of Oxford, from its beginnings within the 11th century to the current day. Written by way of one of many top professionals at the heritage of universities across the world, it lines Oxford's inconceivable upward thrust from provincial backwater to at least one of the world's top centres of analysis and educating.
This e-book bargains a brand new standpoint to the present debate approximately renowned spiritual attitudes in Tudor England, laying specific emphasis at the social and secular dimensions of parish existence. The argument makes a speciality of the function of the laity and particularly at the place of work of churchwarden. It assesses the emerging degrees of parish source of revenue, the significance of the social context for fund-raising ideas, and the transforming into expenditure on clergymen, voluntary actions and administrative tasks.
- Education, Travel and the 'Civilisation' of the Victorian Working Classes
- Electing Cromwell: The Making of a Politician (Political and Popular Culture in the Early Modern Period)
- Statistics and the Public Sphere: Numbers and the People in Modern Britain, c. 1800-2000 (Routledge Studies in Modern British History)
- Martial Power and Elizabethan Political Culture: Military Men in England and Ireland, 1558–1594 (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History)
- The British Empire: A History and a Debate
- English Teachers in a Postwar Democracy: Emerging Choice in London Schools, 1945-1965 (Secondary Education in a Changing World)
Additional info for Churchill's Last Stand: The Struggle to Unite Europe