By Robert Woods
This three-volume assortment demonstrates the intensity and breadth of evangelical Christians' intake, critique, and construction of pop culture, and the way evangelical Christians are either inspired by—and influence—mainstream pop culture, overlaying comedian books to videos to social media.
By George Plasketes
Throughout this booklet, Plasketes explores the musical, cinematic, and literary impacts that formed Zevon’s specific variety and songwriting subject matters and proceed to make Zevon’s paintings a telling portrait of la and American culture.
By Susan Edgerton,Gunilla Holm,Toby Daspit,Paul Farber
By William H. Young,Nancy K. Young
More than a hundred and fifty articles supply a revealing examine probably the most tempestuous a long time in contemporary American background, describing the standard actions of usa citizens as they dealt first with struggle, after which a tough transition to peace and prosperity.
• nearly a hundred seventy five A–Z entries on lifestyle and pop culture within the usa, 1940–1950
• an intensive timeline of occasions throughout the lined decade
• quite a few pictures that spotlight article content material
• Charts directory pertinent facts and/or similar information
• chosen readings accompanying each one article
• an in depth bibliography of print, aural, and digital assets and a advisor to similar topics
By D.J. Mattingly
By Katie Ellis
By C. Tanner,J. Maher,S. Fraser
By Shirley R. Steinberg,Michael Kehler,Lindsay Cornish
In this two-volume set, a sequence of specialist individuals examine what it capability to be a boy starting to be up in North the USA, with entries overlaying every thing from toys and video games, family and friends, and mental and social development.
• 166 entries on particular elements of boyhood existence in North the USA this present day, starting from boy-centered toys, video games, and media to problems with masculinity and complicated notions of manhood
• specialist individuals from quite a few educational disciplines, supplying perception right into a diversity of concerns regarding the lives of North American boys
• Bibliographic listings of works mentioned and additional analyzing in print and online
• A complete index
By Giuseppina Marsico,Virgínia Dazzani,Marilena Ristum,Ana Cecília de Sousa Bastos
This ebook offers a “context” of debate for researchers and academic specialists for you to reconsider the connection among actors, practices and borders in the academic contexts. The study in academic psychology has usually challenged the idea that of “educational context”. in line with different theoretical frameworks, the build of contexts, their borders and the scale to be taken into consideration have all been outlined in several methods. The booklet deals a mirrored image that is going from thought to perform and backward from perform to thought. the most study questions the publication addresses are how actors, i.e. academics, mom and dad and scholars, educators and pros, with their very own id and social representations, construct their academic practices or their shared cultural areas the place wisdom is generated, defining the borders of the tutorial contexts. The e-book proposes border is a kind of membrane inside of and out of doors the academic environment bringing jointly diverse actors, teams and cultures. The e-book provides the views of students and academic specialists from a variety of elements of the realm, together with Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Japan, and the uk. They make clear what occurs on the border in numerous cultural contexts and what the connection is among the tutorial environment and the opposite lifestyles contexts or micro-cultures.