By Amanda Spink,Diljit Singh
By Hans-Christoph Hobohm
Das Verhältnis von Mensch und details steht im Mittelpunkt der Informationsverhaltensforschung. Dieser in den letzten Jahren insbesondere in den united states, aber auch in Großbritannien und Skandinavien aufsteigende Forschungsbereich untersucht, wie Menschen sich zu Informationen verhalten und mit Wissen umgehen. Unter Einbeziehung konstruktivistischer, soziologischer, ethnographischer, philosophischer und kognitionspsychologischer Ansätze werden menschliche Verhaltensmuster angesichts der permanenten Informationsflut analysiert. Dieser Band stellt erstmals für den deutschen Raum den aktuellen Forschungsstand umfassend vor.
By Julie Carpenter
- Written by way of an skilled undertaking supervisor, it addresses venture administration realities instead of theory
- Deconstructs the conventional ‘project cycle’ version to handle various venture approaches
- Takes under consideration the govt. and native executive context, particularly operational tactics and accountability
By Caroline Fuchs,Christine M. Angel
Cataloging criteria practiced in the conventional library, archive and museum environments should not interoperable for the retrieval of items in the shared on-line setting. inside of today’s details environments, library, archive and museum execs have gotten acutely aware that each one info gadgets might be associated jointly. during this approach, info execs find a way to collaborate and proportion facts including the shard on-line cataloging surroundings, the outcome being superior retrieval effectiveness. however the edition has been sluggish: Libraries, data and museums are nonetheless working inside their very own community-specific cataloging practices.
This e-book offers a historic point of view of the evolution of linking units in the library, archive, and museums environments, and captures present cataloging practices in those fields. It bargains feedback for relocating past community-specific cataloging ideas and hence has the possibility of changing into a springboard for additional dialog and the sharing of principles.
By Michael J. Krasulski Jr.,Trevor A. Dawes,James G. Neal
By Marisa L. Conte
These alterations (and their meant and accidental effects) brought the potential of new roles for well-being sciences librarians, growing novel possibilities to interact with researchers, study directors and neighborhood individuals as lively companions within the examine firm.
This booklet demystifies translational learn by means of delivering a finished historic history and context at the CTSA software, together with the impression of investment rate reductions and administrative alterations. The spotlight of the booklet are case reports by means of librarians from CTSA Consortium associations. those case experiences, together with successes, demanding situations, and classes discovered, will aspect particular routes to librarian involvement in translational examine, together with assortment improvement, developing and preserving relationships with researchers and directors, guide and coaching, facts administration, staff technological know-how and extra. the range of case stories, together with demanding situations and classes discovered, may help libraries which are searching for how one can have interaction the translational study audiences at their associations, or those that presently paintings with CTS yet face new demanding situations because of declining federal learn money, transferring institutional priorities, or different elements.
The e-book are not a finished accounting of librarian engagement at each one associations yet fairly a pattern of “best practices” to aid librarians strengthen courses and relationships appropriate to translational learn, and a glance at newly rising possibilities to leverage talents in details association and dissemination.
By Jeannie Dilger-Hill,Erica MacCreaigh
This "how-to" handbook is an intensive compilation of essays detailing the start-up, upkeep, administration, and assessment of cellular, public library outreach providers, promising to develop into the "bible" of public library outreach.
• comprises the organization of Bookmobiles and Outreach providers instructions, pattern advertising and marketing fabrics, pattern letters and coverage statements, a whole set of bookmobile requisites, checklists, and pattern carrier schedules
• Subject-specific bibliographies recommend extra studying on bookmobiles, library providers to immigrants, senior electorate, young ones, and prisoners, strategic making plans, and staffing
• A thesaurus of cellular automation phrases explains satellite tv for pc, mobile, and radio connectivity
By Linda Frederiksen
Within so much libraries within the usa this day there's a data expert who has develop into the ‘go-to’ individual for greedy and grappling with copyright questions. whereas no longer an legal professional, this librarian has constructed an wisdom and knowing of copyright legislations, laws and perform as they relate to a wide selection of library actions.
This functional instruction manual offers a huge evaluate of copyright librarianship. it truly is written for info execs whose distinctiveness, specialization or task it's to notify and train others concerning the moral use and top practices surrounding copyrighted fabrics it's written concerning the individual with stable analytical abilities and the facility to conform and alter in a speedily altering setting; a person who can function an middleman among info manufacturers and shoppers; anyone who's familiar with the legislation and offering entry to details; anyone who's good located inside a firm to respond to questions on copyright and supply trustworthy, actual, and correct solutions, details, tips, and assistance whilst needed. in brief: a copyright librarian.
- Thorough and updated examine an rising box of specialization inside libraries
- Provides an summary of task possibilities to be had and the way to arrange for those jobs
- Presents a number priceless present expertise improvement assets and instruments for the hot, potential, and dealing professional
- Addresses universal misperceptions approximately copyright librarians
By Joshua Vossler,Scott Sheidlower
Learn tips to effectively hire useful options that infuse info literacy guideline with humor.
• Dozens of useful examples of training details literacy utilizing humor
• Contributions from greater than 30 specialist educational librarians who percentage their tools of educating details literacy utilizing humor
• A multidisciplinary bibliography reflecting humor within the fields of conversation concept, schooling, library technological know-how, functionality thought, and psychology
• A webliography of humorous YouTube clips appropriate to libraries and knowledge literacy
By Konstanze Söllner,Wilfried Sühl-Strohmenger
Hochschulbibliotheken stehen angesichts sich verändernder Rahmenbedingungen vor der Herausforderung, die wissenschaftliche Informationsversorgung in den Universitäten und Hochschulen neu zu gestalten. Das Handbuch Hochschulbibliothekssysteme stellt Planungsempfehlungen von Wissenschaftsrat und Deutscher Forschungsgemeinschaft vor und diskutiert Versorgungskonzepte anhand von Beispielen aus unterschiedlichen Bibliotheken und Wissenschaftsbereichen. Es gibt Orientierung zur lokalen und disziplinspezifischen Entwicklung von Hochschulbibliothekssystemen und bietet einen Überblick zur Strukturentwicklung von Hochschulbibliotheken für Bibliothekarinnen und Bibliothekare, Hochschulmanager oder Verantwortliche in den Wissenschaftsorganisationen und der Hochschulpolitik.