By Glenn Melancon
Read Online or Download Britain's China Policy and the Opium Crisis: Balancing Drugs, Violence and National Honour, 1833–1840 PDF
Best international business & finance books
This e-book attracts jointly key concerns because of the area alternate Organisation's deliberate 'Millennium around' and the desire that it'll result in freer exchange as we start this new century.
Britian and Japan within the modern global offers updated analyses of those international locations by way of economics, politics, safety and id at the international, neighborhood, subnational and civic degrees. The ebook strikes past an research of state-to-state kin among Britain and Japan by means of analyzing the position of civil society within the dating and interpreting the best way the 2 international locations take care of universal matters, akin to the 'special dating' either retain with the USA; the connection with the continents that either one of those island countries border; the query of the measure of decentralization to permit inside of their contested borders.
Lives in danger demonstrates how and why seafarers are a susceptible body of workers. It argues they're made so by means of the organization and constitution in their employment; the prioritisation of revenue over protection by way of the actors that interact and keep watch over their labour; the boundaries of enforcement of the regulatory framework that's in position to guard them; and by way of their weak point as collective actors on the subject of capital.
Within the absolutely up-to-date 6th version of knowing international Cultures: Metaphorical trips via 34 countries, Clusters of countries, Continents, and variety, authors Martin J. Gannon and Rajnandini Pillai current the cultural metaphor as a style for figuring out the cultural mindsets of person countries, clusters of countries, continents, and variety in every one state.
- Einsatz von Controlling in Kleinstunternehmen der Beherbergungs- und Gastronomiebranche in Ostösterreich (German Edition)
- CHINA AND THE MIDDLE EAST: from Silk Road to Arab Spring
- Global Links: A Guide to Key People and Institutions Worldwide
- Before and Beyond EMU: Historical Lessons and Future Prospects (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy)
- International Finance: Theory and Policy, Global Edition
- The House in Southeast Asia: A Changing Social, Economic and Political Domain (Nias Studies in Asian Topics, 28)
Additional info for Britain's China Policy and the Opium Crisis: Balancing Drugs, Violence and National Honour, 1833–1840