By Jean Weihs,Sheila Intner
Now completely up-to-date to incorporate contemporary alterations with RDA, this easy-to-use primer presents an advent to standardized cataloging that may gain library technicians in addition to scholars in library technician and instructor librarian programs.
• presents transparent and understandable factors of the foundations and instruments utilized by libraries to catalog and classify their materials
• Illustrative examples for every point of cataloging, type, RDA, and MARC computing device encoding
• Covers all kinds of fabric codecs, together with books, audiovisuals, photos, sound, digital assets, and more
• deals a variety of sensible routines in addition to a thesaurus of cataloging phrases and tools
Read or Download Beginning Cataloging, 2nd Edition PDF
Best library & information science books
"Transforming info Literacy courses: Intersecting Frontiers of Self, Library tradition, and Campus Community," # sixty four within the ACRL guides in Librarianship sequence, brings jointly a large array of matters and issues that educational guide librarians needs to deal with together with the highbrow, mental, cultural, definitional and structural matters which are found in greater schooling environments.
This booklet brings jointly chapters that current various chapters in regards to the traits in schooling and examine within the box of library and data technology (LIS) within the Asia-Oceania sector of the realm. Why a booklet approximately LIS within the Asia-Oceania area? One key cause of a booklet at the subject is the massive progress of the sector by way of scholars and faculties really in Asia.
Library assortment administration is an important a part of any library’s operations. creating a assortment count number takes a holistic examine library assortment administration, connecting assortment administration actions and departments, and instructs on the right way to assemble and examine facts from every one aspect in a collection’s lifecycle.
Video games can appear to do the very unlikely: achieve consumers and force site visitors to initiatives and providers. yet how can libraries use gamification and online game parts to enhance guideline and outreach, or to motivate using specific parts and prone? during this consultant, readers will find out about the way to constitution online game actions which will top achieve their consumers.
- The Librarian as Information Consultant: Transforming Reference for the Information Age
- The Top Technologies Every Librarian Needs to Know: A LITA Guide
- Balancing the Books: Accounting for Librarians: Accounting for Librarians
- Media and Information Literacy in Higher Education: Educating the Educators
- Fundamentals of Reference
Additional info for Beginning Cataloging, 2nd Edition