By Reade W. Dornan
Read or Download Arnold Wesker: A Casebook (Casebooks on Modern Dramatists) PDF
Similar stage & theatre books
Starting with the idea that the biopic is a sort of model and an instance of intermediality, this assortment examines the multiplicity of 'source texts' and the convergence of alternative media during this style, along the concurrent problems with constancy and authenticity that accompany this kind.
This booklet finds for the 1st time the import of an important community of connections among Tennessee Williams and the rustic closest to his center, Italy. America's such a lot thought-provoking playwright enjoyed Italy greater than the other kingdom outdoors the united states and was once deeply prompted via its tradition for many of his lifestyles.
This e-book introduces theater making plans to scholars and practitioners of every box, and gives a close advisor to the method and the technical necessities specific to theater structures. half I is a advisor to the recommendations and practices of structure and building, as utilized to appearing arts constructions.
This booklet investigates how, along Beatrice Webb’s ground-breaking pre-World warfare One anti-poverty campaigns, George Bernard Shaw helped release the general public debate in regards to the courting among equality, redistribution and democracy in a constructed economic system. the 10 years following his nice 1905 play on poverty Major Barbara present a puzzle to Shaw students, who've hitherto did not take pleasure in either the centrality of the belief of equality in significant performs like Getting Married, Misalliance, and Pygmalion, and to appreciate that his significant political paintings, 1928’s The clever Woman’s advisor to Socialism and Capitalism had its roots during this period before the good battle.
- 100 Greatest American Plays
- On Beckett: Essays and Criticism (Anthem Studies in Theatre and Performance)
- Cutting Performances: Collage Events, Feminist Artists, and the American Avant-Garde (Theater: Theory/Text/Performance)
- Queer Dramaturgies: International Perspectives on Where Performance Leads Queer (Contemporary Performance InterActions)
- Preaching to Convert: Evangelical Outreach and Performance Activism in a Secular Age
- Analytic Philosophy and the World of the Play (Routledge Advances in Theatre & Performance Studies)
Extra info for Arnold Wesker: A Casebook (Casebooks on Modern Dramatists)