By Sam Lindley,Conor McBride,Phil Trinder,Don Sannella
This quantity is released in Honor of Philip
Wadler at the party of his sixtieth birthday, and the gathering of papers form
a Festschrift for him. The contributions are made by way of a few of the many that know
Phil and feature been inspired through him. The learn papers integrated here
represent a few of the parts within which Phil has been lively, and the editors
thank their colleagues for agreeing to give a contribution to this Festschrift. We attempt
to summarize Phil Wadler's clinical achievements. moreover, we describe
the own kind and exuberance that Phil has delivered to the subject.
Read or Download A List of Successes That Can Change the World: Essays Dedicated to Philip Wadler on the Occasion of His 60th Birthday (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) PDF
Similar logic books
This ebook collects essentially the most fascinating fresh writings which are tackling, from numerous issues of view, the matter of giving an accounting of the character, goal, and justification of actual mathematical practice–mathematics as truly performed by way of genuine dwell mathematicians. what's the nature of the items being studied?
This publication describes a software of study in computable constitution thought. The target is to discover definability stipulations similar to bounds on complexity which persist below isomorphism. the implications practice to regularly occurring types of buildings (groups, fields, vector areas, linear orderings Boolean algebras, Abelian p-groups, types of arithmetic).
This quantity offers a discussion board which highlights new achievements and overviews of contemporary advancements of the thriving good judgment teams within the Asia-Pacific area. It comprises papers through top logicians and likewise a few contributions in computing device technological know-how logics and philosophic logics.
The hot variation of this vintage textbook, advent to Mathematical good judgment, 6th variation explores the valuable subject matters of mathematical good judgment. It covers propositional good judgment, first-order common sense, first-order quantity thought, axiomatic set concept, and the idea of computability. The textual content additionally discusses the most important result of Gödel, Church, Kleene, Rosser, and Turing.
- Software Engineering and Formal Methods: 14th International Conference, SEFM 2016, Held as Part of STAF 2016, Vienna, Austria, July 4-8, 2016, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- David Hilbert's Lectures on the Foundations of Arithmetic and Logic 1917-1933 (David Hilbert's Lectures on the Foundations of Mathematics and Physics, 1891-1933) (German Edition)
- Computer Science – Theory and Applications: 12th International Computer Science Symposium in Russia, CSR 2017, Kazan, Russia, June 8-12, 2017, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Abstract Computing Machines: A Lambda Calculus Perspective (Texts in Theoretical Computer Science. An EATCS Series)
- Lambda-Calculus and Combinators: An Introduction
- Twenty Five Years of Constructive Type Theory (Oxford Logic Guides)
Additional info for A List of Successes That Can Change the World: Essays Dedicated to Philip Wadler on the Occasion of His 60th Birthday (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)