By Geoffrey Leech,Jan Svartvik
A Communicative Grammar of English has lengthy been validated as a grammar cutting edge in procedure, trustworthy in assurance, and transparent in its motives. This absolutely revised and redesigned 3rd version offers up to date and available support to lecturers, complex freshmen and undergraduate scholars of English. half One seems on the means English grammar varies in several kinds of English, equivalent to ‘formal’ and ‘informal’, ‘spoken’ and ‘written’; half specializes in the makes use of of grammar instead of on grammatical constitution and half 3 offers a convenient alphabetically prepared consultant to English grammar. a brand new workbook, The Communicative Grammar of English Workbook additionally accompanies this edition.
Read or Download A Communicative Grammar of English PDF
Similar linguistics books
Ken and Yetta Goodman’s specialist paintings has been a lifelong collaboration, trained through shared philosophical strands. An overarching target has been to supply entry for all teenagers to literacy and studying and to notify and increase educating and studying. every one is also well-known for particular components of concentration and is understood for specific options.
A De Gruyter name
This e-book deals an advent for Translation reports (TS) students to severe Translation reports (CTS), a cultural-studies method of the examine of translation spearheaded by way of Sakai Naoki and Lydia H. Liu, with an implicit specialize in translation as a social perform formed through energy kinfolk in society.
This quantity demystifies the tactics and sensible makes use of of Grounded idea, a well-established learn technique used around the globe this day through social scientists, academics, and qualitative researchers. meant for graduate scholars, supervisors, and researchers, it presents readers with the instruments for realizing, justifying, and disseminating new theoretical insights for the utilized Linguistics group and past.
- Paulinus Noster: Self and Symbols in the Letters of Paulinus of Nola (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- Beyond Communities of Practice: Language Power and Social Context (Learning in Doing: Social, Cognitive and Computational Perspectives)
- Humor in the Classroom: A Guide for Language Teachers and Educational Researchers
- Disturbi specifici del linguaggio, disprassie e funzioni esecutive: Volume 23 (Metodologie Riabilitative in Logopedia) (Italian Edition)
- Crosslinguistic Approaches to the Psychology of Language: Research in the Tradition of Dan Isaac Slobin (Psychology Press Festschrift Series)
Additional info for A Communicative Grammar of English